[Cryptech Tech] design software

Bernd Paysan bernd at net2o.de
Sun Jan 17 21:34:22 UTC 2016

Am Montag, 18. Januar 2016, 00:26:24 schrieb Pavel Shatov:
> All design tools allow you to generate Gerbers from their internal
> formats. So regardless of whether you use free open source design
> software or proprietary closed source design software, you will export
> Gerbers in the end, and they are easy to audit.

Any proper audit (at least any audit I would do) would include an LVS check to
verify that the gerber data indeed matches the schematics.  Gerber is only the
layout.  Both schematic and layout need to be available for a free tool that
can do things like LVS.

Of course everyone who wants to create a derived version also would like to
have access to the actual editable data (Gerber isn't).

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o ID: kQusJzA;7*?t=uy at X}1GWr!+0qqp_Cn176t4(dQ*