[Cryptech Tech] Alpha keystore flash always writeable

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Feb 4 08:09:02 UTC 2016

Fredrik Thulin wrote:
> The keystore memory (flash) connected to the ARM has a write-enabled
> pin. I will add a zero-ohm resistor to that net, but it will be always
> write-enabled.

A 100k resistor to VCC is a good plan, but why not *also* add a
jumper to GND? I guess both symbol and footprint are available.

Also note that SPI flash /WP signals do not always control write
protect directly, but only provide one input to the write protect
logic, with a software-settable bit being another part of the actual
write protect state.

> Alpha train

Is there a production schedule now? Date for first prototype assembly?
Parts in stock? Lead times?

//Peter