[Cryptech Tech] Alpha keystore flash always writeable

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Thu Feb 4 07:51:34 UTC 2016

Hi

I was going to ask a question on the list, but as Randy have stressed we
*really* need to get the Alpha train going so I'm not going to ask but rather
just tell you. If anyone has really strong objections I'll absolutely consider
them, of course.

The keystore memory (flash) connected to the ARM has a write-enabled pin. I
will add a zero-ohm resistor to that net, but it will be always write-enabled.

We could have had a discussion about whether it makes sense to have a jumper
there too, or some other mechanism to control the ARMs possibility to write
wrapped keys to persistent storage, but let's leave that for a later board.