[Cryptech Tech] New Repository Structure

Rob Austein sra at hactrn.net
Tue Mar 24 01:53:36 UTC 2015

At Tue, 24 Mar 2015 00:45:55 +0400, ????? ????? wrote:
> paul at novena-board-paul:~/fpga$ git clone
> https://git.cryptech.is/core/platform/novena.git
> Cloning into 'novena'...
> error: inflate: data stream error (incorrect header check)
> error: inflate: data stream error (incorrect header check)
> error: inflate: data stream error (incorrect header check)
> error: inflate: data stream error (incorrect header check)
> error: File 283bfbeeb7fb5767815c10ea98bb155638d4bfb3
> (https://git.cryptech.is/core/platform/novena.git/objects/28/3bfbeeb7fb5767815c10ea98bb155638d4bfb3)
> corrupt
> Checking connectivity... done.

This is seriously off into the land of Git Voodoo.  Perhaps one of the
serious git heads on the mailing list understands this, but I don't.

What I think I do know:

- This message only shows up when fetching via https.  Fetching the
  same repositories over ssh does not do this.

- It's reproducible: the same set of repositories does this every time
  I clone them via https.

- "git fsck --full" reports no errors on my local copies of the
  repositories after cloning.

- Routine software updates yesterday installed a new version of git on
  bikeshed (uh oh).

- Since this is showing up via HTTPS with a known certificate, it's
  not stream corruption by some middlebox, the problem is at one (or
  both) of the endpoints.

Usual sources (eg, Stackoverflow) have not been particularly helpful.

Git wizards: clue, please?