[Cryptech Tech] Novena dev-bridge board status

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Tue Jun 23 06:29:29 UTC 2015

On Tuesday, June 23, 2015 01:03:03 AM Peter Stuge wrote:
> Fredrik Thulin wrote:
> > After a couple of long days I've put together what I believe is the
> > dev-bridge board I will produce (unless someone takes a look and
> > shouts out really quickly about issues).
>
> I think it will be just fine for development. Gerbers look all right.
> May want to exclude .G?P unless the board house also makes you a
> stencil.

Great, thanks for verifying and responding so quickly!

> I've attached a .png showing one example of the problem I tried to
> describe earlier. It's not critical for functionality, but may want
> to address it later. The red angle is too tight. Suggest the green
> routing instead.

Ok, Jacob had the same suggestion for me earlier and I've really tried to
improve here.

In the case you point out I can't see a problem as the two traces leading to
the plate inside the (black) hole is actually on different layers - see the
attached screenshot from Eagle that shows it more clearly.

The angle where the top layer trace (red in my picture) meets the copper of
the via ought to be 135° and the angle for the bottom layer trace (blue) is
90°. I wouldn't be surprised if there are still other places where I've made
this mistake though.