[Cryptech Tech] Novena dev-bridge board status

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Mon Jun 22 22:33:42 UTC 2015

After a couple of long days I've put together what I believe is the dev-bridge
board I will produce (unless someone takes a look and shouts out really
quickly about issues).

Pavel has reviewed the schematics for the FMC interface and the STM32
configuration. There is an entropy source circuit present, but not connected
to the same FPGA pin as before (new pin is F_DX18).

In addition to that, the following is present on the south side of the board:

  1x FT232HL USB-UART bridge with mini-USB connector
  1x RTC chip, with 32768 Hz crystal
  1x AVR Tiny 828R, the tamper detect MCU
     - all the GPIOs, LEDs etc. from the Alpha drawing are present
  1x Master Key Memory, 8 kbit SRAM
  1x Analog switch to let AVR control access to MKM
  1x Panic button connected to AVR
  1x USB micro connector to optionally power the board
     (if it is not plugged into a Novena)

Since there were no more FPGA pins available on the Novena connector, I routed
the FPGA <-> MKM pins to the ARM instead (this is just a proof of concept).

I hope I got Gerber creation right for 4 layer board. The inner copper looks
plausible to me in terms of connecting with the right vias and not connecting
with the other vias. Please let me know quickly if I did not =). Hoping to
order tomorrow, after having looked things over with less sleepy eyes.