[Cryptech Tech] STM32F4 <-> Novena Bridge

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Sat Jun 6 13:13:34 UTC 2015

On Friday, June 05, 2015 11:08:48 PM Jacob wrote:
> On 6/5/2015 10:40 PM, Павел Шатов wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Fredrik, this is mostly for you. My suggestions regarding connection of
> > STM32F4 to Novena are listed in the attached PDF file.
> >
> > --
> > With best regards,
> > Pavel Shatov
>
> Apologies if I've missed some important development, but what is the
> purpose of creating that bridge PCB? no memory/fpga chips on board?
> I guess there has been some private communication on this?

You haven't missed anything - apologies for not having said anything on list
that you could have missed ;).

In Stockholm, we decided we wanted to do the STM32<->FPGA (FMC) interface
design and implementation in parallel with waiting for the design and layout
of the Alpha board.

To be clear, we intend to make a small internal dev-board that will connect
the FPGA on the Novena to an STM32 M4 on the dev-board, just for development
of the FMC interface and maybe some early speed testing communication with
already finished cores.

> P.S. trying to get myself re-oriented, I see that the alpha board
> strategy wiki needs urgent updating...

Thanks for the reminder, I'll see to that shortly.