[Cryptech Tech] arm

joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Sat Jan 10 17:35:17 UTC 2015

On 1/10/15 12:14 AM, Randy Bush wrote:
> [ repost to tech ]
>
> so we're starting to spec the next gen, an alpha, cryptech board.  a
> custom job with only what we need on it.  the first sketch is at
>
>    https://wiki.cryptech.is/wiki/Hardware
>
> which may move as i edit wiki today.
>
> bunnie sez the board desiners in singapore and taiwan come in flavors
> based on the arm type.  so we kinda have to learn arm types to make a
> decision.
Bunnie has a lot more practical experience than I

> we think we want
>   o no or minimal magic blobs because it's inside the security boundary
>   o support for booting, flash file system, and usb
>   o some speed, but the crypto is done in the fpga
so you see these things sitting in the same SOC package or discrete?

e.g. I know you used the cyclone V gx for the fpga so the sx/se seems
like a logical way to consolidate.

* relatively long commercial life like a consideration. if a year from
now the manufacturer gives you and LTB "opportunity" you'll be sad.