[Cryptech Tech] Dieharder results for Cryptech RNG data

Benedikt Stockebrand bs at stepladder-it.com
Tue Jan 6 23:04:30 UTC 2015

Hi Joachim and list,

Joachim Strömbergson <joachim at secworks.se> writes:

> So what is the suggested command line?
>
>> dieharder -Y 1 -k2 -s 1 -g 201 -f <filename_raw.bin>
>
> Or should "-a" also be included.
>
> where filename_raw.bin contains GBytes of data. It would be good if we
> in the writeup about testing includes info about how much data is needed
> for different tests.
>
> I think FredrikT started to write something about at least entropy
> sources and tests.

After the meeting in summer I put what I found out in the wiki at
https://wiki.cryptech.is/wiki/RandomnessTesting.

I guess as far as dieharder and rngtest/rng-tools are concerned, that
should pretty much do the job.  We might want to add something about
ent, but to be honest, I think we can and should actually do better than
that anyway.  Let's sort this out in Stockholm.

Now I better start packing...

Cheers,

    Benedikt

--
Benedikt Stockebrand,                   Stepladder IT Training+Consulting
Dipl.-Inform.                           http://www.stepladder-it.com/

          Business Grade IPv6 --- Consulting, Training, Projects

BIVBlog---Benedikt's IT Video Blog: http://www.stepladder-it.com/bivblog/