[Cryptech Tech] status alpha board designers

Павел Шатов meisterpaul1 at yandex.ru
Sat Apr 25 12:02:26 UTC 2015

On 24.04.2015 16:38, Fredrik Thulin wrote:

> Bitsim signaled that we need to figure out both how to power the ARM (they
> suggested there were ready made modules for this, part of Freescale
> recommended designs, asking if that would be acceptable), and also the power
> budget for the FPGA.
>
> Pavel, I think you raised the same question earlier - do you have input or
> suggestions on how to proceed with this?

I think, that CPU and RAM power supply and termination voltage
regulators can be copied either from Novena or from i.MX6 Rex module.
Have you told BimSim guys about them?

Speaking of FPGA power subsystem, it's difficult to predict power budget
at this stage, because we don't have all the cores. My suggestion is to
copy power subsystem from AC701 evaluation board.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ac701/ug952-ac701-a7-eval-bd.pdf

Our subsystem will actually be simpler: we don't need transceivers, so
MGTAVCC and MGTAVTT rails can be eliminated, we are going to have only
3.3V logic, so all the banks can be powered from the same regulator and
so on. I can prepare FPGA power schematic the same way I prepared
schematic for avalanche noise block.

--
With best regards,
Pavel Shatov