[Cryptech Tech] status alpha board designers

Jacob jacob at edamaker.com
Fri Apr 24 14:35:47 UTC 2015

>> Bitsim signaled that we need to figure out both how to power the ARM
>> (they suggested there were ready made modules for this, part of Freescale
>> recommended designs, asking if that would be acceptable), and also the
>> power budget for the FPGA.
>>
>> Pavel, I think you raised the same question earlier - do you have
>> input or suggestions on how to proceed with this?
>>
>> /Fredrik

  If I may chip in (no pun intended), Enpirion (now part of Altera) has
  high reliability power modules that are tuned to FPGA (and DDR3) power
  delivery requirement. The cost is reasonable, and they are very compact.

  FPGA power requirement determination must be done by the FPGA designer
  himself, due to the complex design features that affect power
  dissipation, and possibly be done with the help of the Xilinx power
  estimator tool at
  http://www.xilinx.com/products/design_tools/logic_design/xpe.htm