[Cryptech Tech] status alpha board designers

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Fri Apr 24 13:38:13 UTC 2015

Hi

We're talking with a few potential schematics+layout people, getting estimates
for schematics, board layout and testing.

What seems clear is that we need to get a much more complete schematic done
first. Some of the people we are talking with are "only" capable of doing the
PCB layout, and some have resources to help us with both schematics and
layout. None is only schematics unfortunately, so we can't make a match with
the "only" PCB designers.

Earlier today we had a meeting with the Swedish company Bitsim. They are a
serious contender and if we want they are a one-stop shop for the Alpha board.
They are not likely to be cheap though.

Bitsim signaled that we need to figure out both how to power the ARM (they
suggested there were ready made modules for this, part of Freescale
recommended designs, asking if that would be acceptable), and also the power
budget for the FPGA.

Pavel, I think you raised the same question earlier - do you have input or
suggestions on how to proceed with this?