[Cryptech Tech] How to start using coretest_hashes on the TerasIC C5G Board

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sun Mar 23 22:52:19 UTC 2014

>> VCP or D2XX?  i guessed d2xx, installed, and restarted win7
> I have no idea. Please tell me if it works and I'll update the docs. I
> use OSX to talk to to the FTDI chip. The C5G manual suggests VCP (see
> page 77).

how do you use osx to program the chip?  i am stuck in the windows vm to
do that?

i think you mean talking to the serial once programmed.  makes sense.

>>> Navigate to coretest_hashes/toolruns/quartus/terasic_c5g
>> i think you mean
>> test_coretest_hashes/cores/coretest_hashes/toolruns/quartus/terasic_c5g
> If you want the full path. I felt it wasn't necessary to state that
> over and over. Does it seem comdfuing not to do that?

as there are multiple instances of toolruns, it helps in those
circumstances

> There is a page at Altera that describes setup of USB-blaster in Windows:
> http://www.altera.com/download/drivers/usb-blaster/dri-usb-blaster-vista.html

> 1. Plug the USB-Blaster download cable into PC. The Found New Hardware
>    dialog box will appear

no dialog appears

but that page was the big clue!  i haz driver.  and programming was
successful.

randy