[Cryptech Core] Alpha rev.03

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Mon May 30 09:24:36 UTC 2016

On lördag 28 maj 2016 kl. 14:23:45 CEST Peter Stuge wrote:
> But I wish there would have been some more communication before the
> change went into a new order:
>
> An 8-pin header with Vbus, 3v3, GND, FT_RESET, TX, RX, D+ and D-
> would have been best.

I agree, it would have been much better if you had communicated that before
Pavel made the new revision. We'll put it on the list of changes for the next
revision (rev04).

> 3v3 for correct TX voltage to the Alpha and to save an extra regulator.

As a workaround, you can get 3V3 from a number of the other pin headers
nearby. The FPGA JTAG has it, the Battery connector has it, the AVR GPIO
header have it.

> FT_RESET so that a USB board could simply be plugged onto an Alpha
> with FTDI parts and would just-work<tm>. (FS is OK with the stubs.)

That's a really good idea, wish you had mentioned it earlier =).