[Cryptech Core] Alpha rev.03

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat May 28 14:23:45 UTC 2016

Pavel Shatov wrote:
> We also have 6-pin headers, that allow people to
> design custom USB-UART transceivers instead of using on-board FTDI
> chips. In rev.02 we forgot to expose +5.0V (Vbus) from USB connectors
> through those headers, this will be fixed in rev.03 (Peter, hello :)

Thanks a lot for adding Vbus so the connector can be reused! Great. :)

But I wish there would have been some more communication before the
change went into a new order:

An 8-pin header with Vbus, 3v3, GND, FT_RESET, TX, RX, D+ and D-
would have been best.

3v3 for correct TX voltage to the Alpha and to save an extra regulator.

FT_RESET so that a USB board could simply be plugged onto an Alpha
with FTDI parts and would just-work<tm>. (FS is OK with the stubs.)

//Peter