[Cryptech Core] Tools and strategies for communication during development

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue May 20 11:41:17 UTC 2014

my terseness gets me in trouble yet again.  and i will also be in
trouble with leif for indulging discussion of yet another of the 30,000
available chat technologies.

> Security: You use TLS to connect to a server. You create channels
> (i.e. chat rooms) as you wish. Protected with a pass phrase or based on
> authorisation with the server if you wish. I would suggest we refrain
> from doing this. All admins, and some, on the IRC network you're using
> can read every line you're typing.

so authentication of users solely is passphrase?

> Persistence: IRC has been around since the late 80's and doesn't seem
> to be dying quite yet.

sorry.  as we discused, when i log in monday morning, will it show me
all that happened on the weekend?  in the same view as current chat?
i.e. can i just scroll back.

> If you feel especially crazy today, set up your own IRC server

in my copious spare time

randy