[Cryptech Tech] Ed25519 and Curve25519 documentation

Pavel Shatov meisterpaul1 at yandex.ru
Tue Aug 24 13:10:54 UTC 2021

03.08.2021 11:57, Vít Mašek пишет:
> Hello,

Hi, Vít,

> my name is Vít Mašek and I currently work on my own Ed25519 open-source
> IP core as my bachelor thesis. I search for some other implementations
> and came across your repositories on
> https://trac.cryptech.is/wiki/GitRepositories
> <https://trac.cryptech.is/wiki/GitRepositories>.
>
> However, I have found only the source codes that told me almost nothing
> about how exactly you implemented these cores. So I would like to ask
> you, if there is some better documentation for the Ed25519 and
> Curve25519 cores also with the math units and so on. Do you have some
> datapath diagrams, FSM graphs, algorithms you use?
>
> Thank you so much. Any help will help.

sorry for a late reply. I'm the one who wrote this Ed25519 core. Yes, I
must admin, documentation is not the strongest side of the CrypTech
project, as you noted.

The Ed25519 core is in fact an EC point multiplier. It is accompanied by
a C math model, that mimics how an FPGA would do the computation. The
model allows one to dump all the intermediate values and was used during
development to help debug Verilog. The model does have a README at
https://trac.cryptech.is/browser/user/shatov/curve25519_fpga_model/README.md

I can suggest reading the README to get an insight of how the core is
organized and taking a look at the model sources. Should you have
further questions, please feel free to ask.

> Have a nice day
> Vít Mašek

With best regards,
Pavel Shatov