[Cryptech Tech] USB interface

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed May 27 18:49:22 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Joachim Strömbergson wrote:
> Peter, we do like what you propose. But Pavel would need your assistance
> in order to implement the changes.

That's great! I'm happy to support Pavel as needed.

> We would also need the SW for the chips replacing the FTDI chips. At
> least we need to be able to trust that you will be able to provide it
> in good time when the new boards will be back from manufacturing.

Right.

I'll send an update when I've tested the interrupt-based firmware with
hardware flow control connected. It's more complicated than expected
because my daughterboards cover the FTDI chips, so I have to connect
to the STM32 on the other side, but I'll get there.

That is the hardware setup I propose for rev04 and I expect my current
firmware (interrupt-based, no DMA) will then work reliably - but a
firmware update using DMA is still on my list, to reach full throughput.

> I know Pavel have tried to reache out to you about assistance re the
> board updates.

I haven't received anything from Pavel since May 07 so thank you for this
heads up!

Pavel Shatov wrote:
> Ideally I'd prefer Peter to provide me with a PDF with a piece of
> schematics he wants added, as he suggested earlier, so that I can
> just copy it into KiCAD project.

All right! I didn't get feedback on my idea so I wasn't sure if it
would be useful - I'll get that to you quickly.

//Peter