[Cryptech Tech] USB interface

Joachim Strömbergson joachim at assured.se
Wed May 27 06:06:56 UTC 2020

Aloha!

On 2020-04-08 02:43, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Joachim Strömbergson wrote:
>> How much effort would replacing the FTDI chips and adding extra wires
>> between the new chips for SPI be?
>
> I guess the HW designer (Pavel? Fredrik?) has to say. I think it might
> be a day or two for schematic and layout, but I didn't look at the layout
> to see if there may be some difficult contention where new traces would go.

Peter, we do like what you propose. But Pavel would need your assistance
in order to implement the changes. We would also need the SW for the
chips replacing the FTDI chips. At least we need to be able to trust
that you will be able to provide it in good time when the new boards
will be back from manufacturing.

I know Pavel have tried to reache out to you about assistance re the
board updates. If we don't here back from you by next Wednesday, or if
you see that you can't assist with board updates and the SW we will take
the decision not to change the interfaces. We need to complete the board
changes and this is the last area.

Joachim Strömbergson
                               Assured AB