[Cryptech Tech] Status of RSA timing tests etc

Rob Austein sra at hactrn.net
Sun May 27 21:08:40 UTC 2018

OK, I've pushed a few more relatively minor cleanups to the ARM's FMC
I/O code, most significant of which was converting a few heavily used
functions to `static inline` to remove the function call overhead.
Collectively, these seem to be worth about a 10% improvement in
overall RSA signature throughput, not spectacular but worth grabbing.

I have another set of throughput and profiling tests running which I'm
happy to share if others want to see them, but after that I think I'm
done for a little while, since I think the next step is for Pavel et
al to look into synchronized FMC clocking idea we've been discussing.

Thanks, all.