[Cryptech Tech] Seeking comments on a proposal for changes to the Cryptech RNG design.

Manuel Domke crypt at 13-37.org
Tue Mar 27 14:54:40 UTC 2018

Hi,

> There's even a PSoC 5-based project on Github:
>
> https://github.com/alwynallan/redoubler

I know - and this may be a great start to integrate it here.
But for my standalone RNG I prefer the dumb "off-the-shelf" component
version from Bill Cox.
-> https://github.com/waywardgeek/infnoise

The Redoubler PsoC 5 performs very well, built my first one some days ago.
It puts out 7,968319 bits of entropy per byte as shown in my first tests
of a 25MB sample.

> For ease of understanding: “modular entropy multiplication” is essentially a
> successive approximation ADC, which runs forever amplifying its internal state
> instead of actually sampling some input, an as a result, only converts its own
> noise into binary data.

Thanks for the short explanation - I should have included one too.
It actually gathers most of its entropy from thermal noise from the
resistors connected in the opamp loop.

Greetings,

Manuel