[Cryptech Tech] testing builds

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Apr 16 14:53:53 UTC 2018

Michael wrote:
> I am getting these messages from make when trying make firmware.
>
> /./scripts/build-shadow-tree.py//
> //make -C build/core/platform/alpha/build//
> //make[1]: Entering directory
> '/home/michael/Documents/dkey/alpha/build/core/platform/alpha/build'//
> //. /opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/settings64.sh; xst  -ifn alpha_fmc.scr//
> ///bin/sh: 12: [: /bin/sh: unexpected operator//

Where do all these many / come from?

Anyway, the key error message is this:

Rob Austein wrote:
> see Paul's comments on "dash", below.
..
> Xilinx only supports specific versions of Red Hat and Suse Linux, but it
> does run on Ubuntu, with the following caveat: Ubuntu symlinks /bin/sh to
> dash, which can't handle if [ ] syntax in shell scripts, so I symlinked
> /bin/sh to bash instead.

Rob is spot on and you have the problem described by Paul.

The Xilinx sh scripts make assumptions which do not hold with dash.

I would recommend doing what Paul did; change the symlink.

sudo ln -sf /bin/bash /bin/sh

//Peter