[Cryptech Tech] Upgrading guide

Rob Austein sra at hactrn.net
Mon May 15 18:16:48 UTC 2017

At Mon, 15 May 2017 15:14:31 +0200, Yuri Schaeffer wrote:

> > Is there any, build, synthetize and upgrade guide?
>
> I would love to be able to build the software myself. But I also have no
> idea where to start.

There are some rudimentary instructions for source builds at

  https://wiki.cryptech.is/wiki/BuildingFromSource

There's also a general description of the build process we use for
binary pacakges, at

  https://wiki.cryptech.is/wiki/GitRepositories/releng/alpha

The instructions need work.  In particularly, they need a lot more
description of what tools one needs to have installed (the information
is already online, but it's buried in half a dozen separate places).
I have notes from the last time I constructed a complete build machine
from scratch, just need to translate them into a form somebody other
than me might be able to read and put them in the Wiki.