[Cryptech Tech] Upgrading guide

Yuri Schaeffer yuri at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon May 15 13:14:31 UTC 2017

> Is there any, build, synthetize and upgrade guide?

I would love to be able to build the software myself. But I also have no
idea where to start.

Last December I upgraded the firmware by following the instructions on
this page to the letter.
https://wiki.cryptech.is/wiki/UpgradeToKSNG
Allegedly the first upgrade is a bit risky, so make sure to read it
carefully.

Another hint since it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the link: To
upgrade the FPGA firmware (as opposed to the ARM) you'll need to short
some pins on the circuit board. JP7 and JP8. I had trouble locating JP8.
It is on the some pinheader as JP7.

//Yuri