[Cryptech Tech] Introduction

Rob Austein sra at hactrn.net
Wed Feb 22 21:01:55 UTC 2017

We've also put some effort into using constant time algorithms to the
extent possible in the software running on the ARM.  As Pavel
suggests, this is not always possible in software (eg, EC point
doubling is a fundamentally different algorithm than EC point addition
for non-equal points), but, where possible, we do use constant time
algorithms (see, eg, the field operations in the software ECDSA
implementation, byte-string comparison loops in various places, etc).