[Cryptech Tech] Introduction

Jason van Aardt jason at caperocket.com
Mon Feb 20 11:37:49 UTC 2017

Hi Fredrik,

Nice to meet you virtually, May I ask if there is perhaps a list of the
planned update/additions  for the next release of hardware?

What is the current performance if I may ask?
Is the FTDI connected USB2.0 UART interface the primary interface
currently? What is the throughput on the Serial side at the moment?

I can see that Tamper detection is a big topic to cover based on the
current hardware.

I see from the circuit diagram that the hardware tamper detection would be
related to both additional hardware(Tamperswitch on lid? possible tamper
Foil continuity circuitry?) as well as related code on the ATtiny, to wipe
the Master Keys stored on the 23K640-I/SN?
As well as the Keystore memory, 128 Mbit (N25Q128A13ESE*) ?

Need to look at "Zerorise" function in case of rapid erase via panic button
SW2, and a mechanical mechanism so that it is easy to zerorise, but not
easy to do inadvertently.

Are there currently counter measures implemented against side channel
attacks eg. differential power analysis?
Using variable clock rates, additional nondeterministic loops etc.

May I ask what is the best way to get a latest hardware release board?
Though the ordering at https://www.crowdsupply.com/cryptech/open-hardware-
security-module?

Kind Regards
Jason