[Cryptech Tech] Command line interface

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Tue May 3 17:10:33 UTC 2016

Hi

I'm planning to start working on the administrative access CLI. This is a
separate USB port on the Alpha, connected to a separate UART on the ARM CPU.

Rob has made the suggestion that we use libcli [1] to get command line
editing, history, maybe even fancy things like command completion etc. The
only problem is that it is LGPL (v2.1).

I'm always trying to steer clear of the licensing minefield by using (and
writing!) BSD licensed things, and that is what we've said we would do in the
Cryptech project. Unfortunately I can't find any thusly licensed alternatives
to libcli.

Is libcli OK to use in this context, here?

Anyone know of more permissively licensed alternatives?

[1] https://github.com/dparrish/libcli