[Cryptech Tech] design software

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jan 19 01:25:42 UTC 2016

Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> writes:

>the problem today is the board schematic and layout.  we hope people will be
>using, modifying, adapting, ...  if not, we have missed a serious part of our
>goals.  i suspect this is a bot of a different balance.

In that case you could borrow the aphorism about running an
insurgency/revolution ("the best weapons to use are the ones that take the
same ammunition as the government troops") and use whatever tools are most
likely to be used by intended adopters.

I think though that the primary goal should be to use whatever tools the
developers feel most comfortable with.  If others decide to use it, it'll be
because it's a good, effective design, not because it was created with
WombatCAD 2000.

Peter.