[Cryptech Tech] Alpha keystore flash always writeable

Jacob jacob at edamaker.com
Thu Feb 4 21:44:09 UTC 2016

On 2/4/2016 10:47 PM, Pavel Shatov wrote:
> On 04.02.2016 23:30, Peter Stuge wrote:
>> On a more serious note I'll see if I can draw you a symbol,
>> footprint, schematic and layout for the little ARM, so that
>> you can just do a copy and paste to replace the FTDIs.
>>
>> If nothing else I guess it proves a point.
>>

> Fredrik, do we have an unused UART in STM32? I was thinking, maybe we
> can add a 4-pin header (TX, RX, 3V3, GND) to Alpha. Peter can then
> design simple extension board with little ARM and USB connector. Once
> the board and protocol firmware for the little ARM are ready, we will be
> able to throw away FTDIs and just borrow Peter's design. What do you think?

There are free UARTs available e.g. pins 27,26 (UART7 Rx/Tx).
I like this idea very much, and Peter, if you are interested, I can work
with you and layout this add-on extension board. This will place minimal
demand on Fredrik, requiring only the addition of a 4 pin header and 2
pullup / 2 series resistors to the main alpha board.

Someone will need to write the UART-side code though.

Jacob