[Cryptech Tech] What's up with the Crowdsupply campaign?

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Fri Dec 9 16:30:29 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 10:02 AM Leif Johansson <leifj at sunet.se> wrote:

> On 2016-12-09 15:47, Warren Kumari wrote:
> > So, the update which was posted (on Oct 12th, almost 2 months ago) says:
> > "The next batch will be ready by mid-November and we expect all
> > outstanding and new orders to ship by November 21."
> >
> > I sent email through the Crowdsupply "Ask Cryptech a question" link on
> > Nov 24th and got a reply saying:
> >
> > "Good point. I've actually asked the team to post an update - along
> > those lines - already. Our production partner (propoint) is busy running
> > the production line as we speak. The delay is mostly because we/they
> > were trying to figure out why we got such high failure rate the first
> > time around. We hope this (final) delay won't be more than 2 weeks."
> >
> > That was 15 days ago -- backers probably care much about the shipping
> > delays, but the lack of updates is disturbing.
> >

> Crowdsupply told me two days ago they were shipping to several of
> the backers - you included.

In that case a simple "Hey all, sorry for the silence.

Crowdsupply has just informed me that they are shipping to several of
the backers. We expect all to be delivered by [DATE] -- we'll be sure to
let you know if this slips again..."

would have been nice. People who back crowdfunding projects understand that
there is a large risk of things being delayed, or of the entire project
failing - what annoys them more than the delays is the lack of updates /
feedback...