[Cryptech Tech] About the HSM Opensource | Mojo dev card

Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado gaguilar at level2crm.com
Mon Aug 22 14:58:08 UTC 2016

Hi Fredrk,

We're quite bad at documentation (sorry!) still. It appears you haven't
> stumbled upon the more recent bits on our Wiki.
>
> We used the Novena, Spartan FPGA and that Noise board about a year ago. Since
> then, we've manufactured our own Alpha board with an ARM CPU and a Xilinx
> Artix 7 FPGA on it, and also the noise circuitry. If you want to get involved
> in development I suggest you start with acquiring an Alpha board.
>
> There was a workshop in Berlin a month ago. I would recommend you read the
> presentation slides at https://wiki.cryptech.is/wiki/BerlinWorkshop to get up-
> to-date information about how things are now. Also, look at the various
> "Alpha" pages on the wiki to see what hardware is there, how it is connected
> etc.
>
> /Fredrik

That's nice! I will see how the Artix 7 is programmed but I suppose same
core code is shared.

Found the repos and suppose this is the one you are referring
releng/alpha <https://wiki.cryptech.is/browser/releng/alpha>

I will check what you say about the Alpha board. I don't know why I
supposed Alpha was a PoC but actual development still done in Novena
since it support a lot of debugging options. But it looks that all work
moved directly to alpha.

Thank a lot for the directions.

Best regards,