[Cryptech Tech] Cryptech HSM

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Nov 5 22:01:10 UTC 2015

hi peter,

> Hi! My name is Peter Franusic. I would like to find out more about how
> I could help out with the development of the Cryptech HSM described in
> George Michaelson's blog at http://blog.apnic.net titled "It’s alive!
> Blinkenlights in CrypTech, IETF93".
>
> I have over 20 years experience in embedded systems software
> development (assembly, C, LISP) and FPGA circuit development (Xilinx,
> Altera, Verilog). And I think an open-source HSM is an appropriate
> answer to recent revelations of the looming surveillance state.
>
> Please add me to your mailing list.

you can add yourself to the tech mailing list using the mailman
interface at https://lists.cryptech.is/listinfo/tech

have you managed to sort through https://wiki.cryptech.is/ at all?  we
are reorganizing, but you should be able to find some discussion of
structure.  and of course all the source, designs, ... are stashed
there, see https://wiki.cryptech.is/browser.

we're currently focused on getting the software side migrated to the M4
on the 'bridge board' while the hardware side is working on adding the
FPGA layout to the bridge board, so we can cut off the bridge and let
the board float freely on the ocean as the 'alpha board' :)

joachim is still tuning the TRNG implementaion, and karen is threatening
a QA analysis thereof.

so sniff around and see what part would interest you.

randy