[Cryptech Tech] Progress on randomness testing, and upcoming TROOPERS conference

Joachim Strömbergson joachim at secworks.se
Wed Mar 25 12:33:27 UTC 2015

Thanks for status and info. One idea I've played with is if it would be
possible to use GPUs to accelerate randomness testing. There is a preso
about using GPU to accelerate testing:

http://opengpu.net/EN/attachments/154_HiPEAC2012_OpenGPU_MassiveRand2.pdf

The preso seems to have missed that Dieharder exists, which makes me
cautious. But the results seems applicable and interesting. Running
complete Dieharder takes really long time so acceleration makes sense.
As long as one can implement the tests.