[Cryptech Tech] Alpha board strategy

Павел Шатов meisterpaul1 at yandex.ru
Tue Mar 3 08:36:59 UTC 2015

On 02.03.2015 18:25, Joachim Strömbergson wrote:

> Aloha!
>
> This is basically the same solution as we previously suggested with the
> rPI compute module.
>
> If it doesn't provide EIM out I think this would not gain us much
> compared to sticking to the Novena until the alpha board.

My idea is to base our Alpha Board on this module. It is straightforward
to remove unnecessary traces (audio, UART, I2C and all the other
interfaces that we don't need) and connect EIM pins instead of them.
Anyone with basic knowledge of Altium Designer should be able to do this
easily.

We don't even have to develop a complete baseboard. We can add an FPGA
to their schematic and then extend their original module board to place
it. This will be much faster than developing complete Alpha Board from
scratch.

--
With best regards,
Pavel Shartov