[Cryptech Tech] STM32F4 <-> Novena Bridge

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Jun 10 22:53:17 UTC 2015

Fredrik Thulin wrote:
> What do you think is most valuable on this board, another address
> bit or the entropy source?

I don't think 8 Mbyte vs. 4 Mbyte makes a difference even for the
Alpha board.

> I need to get a new Eagle license to do four layers.

Or use gEDA or KiCAD which both have no such arbitrary limitations
and both have open file formats.

If you do continue with proprietary software then Eagle is at least
better than any other options, because its proprietary file format is
text (XML) based, so can be reverse-engineered and re-used with much
less effort.

But I find it absolutely bizarre that the project will need to
reverse-engineer its own designs in order to publish its (hardware)
source in an open file format.

//Peter