[Cryptech Tech] STM32F4 <-> Novena Bridge

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Wed Jun 10 22:13:51 UTC 2015

On Friday, June 05, 2015 10:40:29 PM Павел Шатов wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Fredrik, this is mostly for you. My suggestions regarding connection of
> STM32F4 to Novena are listed in the attached PDF file.

I've started this task, see the attached picture for tentative board size
(10x5 cm) and placements.

I thought that I might as well base the board on the Novena Entropy Source
board, and am considering leaving the entropy source on there as well, since
these schematics might become part of the Alpha board schematics as it seems.

I'm keeping to all your suggestions about FMC_CLK and the less length matched
pins. Since I have the noise source on the board, I'm considering ditching
FMC_A22 in favor of keeping the entropy source connected to the FPGA on the
Novena (using one of the three less length matched pins). What do you think is
most valuable on this board, another address bit or the entropy source?

I need to get a new Eagle license to do four layers. I figured I could start
working with the two layers I've got, and then when I have a new license I can
add the power and ground inner layers.

/Fredrik

PS. Did you (Pavel) get a response from Schematica regarding Eagle schematics?