[Cryptech Tech] Updated novena noise board

Jacob jacob at edamaker.com
Mon Jun 1 22:03:16 UTC 2015

On 6/1/2015 11:36 PM, Fredrik Thulin wrote:
> I have now updated the rev03 board with almost all the suggestions I've gotten
> from my kind reviewers Jacob, Peter, Pavel and bunnie.
>
> I've also hopefully sorted out how to generate Gerbers properly - at least the
> attached Gerbers loads just fine with the nifty online 3D viewer at
> http://mayhewlabs.com/3dpcb (try it, really cool!) and online renderings from
> two PCB houses look OK, and it looks good (to me) with the 'gerbv' Linux
> viewer.

Fredrik, I took a quick look at the latest files.
Traces are now looking good. Also the Solder Mask opening around the
connector's pins.

Fiducials are kind of OK. It would be better to increase the triangle
base (see attached pic) and also to have a clearance, including Solder
Mask clearance, on the full 80 mil diameter.

Some issues:

1. Comps' Ref Des were not generated (the Silk Gerber looks like your 3D
picture).
2. Some vias are covered with solder mask, some aren't. Not critical though.
3.There is a via on the left mechanical pad of the connector. Why is it
there?
4. This is major: the file .GTO appears to be comp outline silk. It is
not a good one though - it covers the comps pads.

Jacob