[Cryptech Tech] novena_eim doesn't fit in XC6SLX45 anymore?

Rob Austein sra at hactrn.net
Thu Jul 16 17:31:36 UTC 2015

At Thu, 16 Jul 2015 10:14:25 -0400, Paul Selkirk wrote:

> For the debian package builds, we have a patch file to disable those
> cores, in user/sra/novena-releng/core/patches/01-config-cores.patch. But
> you might as well just use the Makefile in user/sra/novena-releng/core,
> which takes care of that for you. (Rob might prefer that the patched
> files be committed, but the whole core configuration scheme is likely to
> change in the near future.)

What I'd really prefer is that this kind of core configuration be done
by a Python script rather than by patching files.
core/platform/common/core_selector is already full of `ifdef
conditionals, probably all that'd be needed would be a script to write
appropriate `defines into a generated file which the rest of
core_selector could `include.

But, as you say, this may become a moot point soon.