[Cryptech Tech] Dieharder results for Cryptech RNG data

Benedikt Stockebrand bs at stepladder-it.com
Sat Jan 3 13:51:47 UTC 2015

Hi again,

just a few more hints on dieharder usage, while I'm at it anyway:

Joachim Strömbergson <joachim at secworks.se> writes:

>> - What options did you run dieharder with exactly?
>
> -a -g 201

-Y 1 makes dieharder continue with more test data if it found the
     results of a test inconclusive.  I consider this much more sensible
     to use than having to guess or interpret results or whatever you
     want to call it ourselves.

-k 2 uses a more precise KS test; while the man page states that it is
     more resource intensive, I don't recall this to show any sign of
     performance degradation on todays machines.

-s 1 makes dieharder start from the beginning of the test data with
     every individual test; while this isn't strictly necessary (and at
     least in theory opens some additional statistical issues) I found
     it fairly helpful to use.

Cheers,

    Benedikt

--
Benedikt Stockebrand,                   Stepladder IT Training+Consulting
Dipl.-Inform.                           http://www.stepladder-it.com/

          Business Grade IPv6 --- Consulting, Training, Projects

BIVBlog---Benedikt's IT Video Blog: http://www.stepladder-it.com/bivblog/