[Cryptech Tech] PCB prototyping machine [Was: BCP prototyping machine]

Benedikt Stockebrand bs at stepladder-it.com
Mon Feb 23 08:27:00 UTC 2015

Hi Pavel and list,

Шатов Павел <meisterpaul1 at yandex.ru> writes:

> So you want to buy something like this for our FPGA:
> http://www.proto-advantage.com/store/images/PRODUCTS/BGA0006_0.JPG

yes (unless I can get it prebuilt with the FPGA on already).

> then buy another breakout board for the CPU

Yes.

> and then etch a kind of a 2-layer interposer to connect them? Do I get
> it right?

Yes, if breadboard and/or perfboard/stripboard won't do the job for
that.  And I also wand various modules to connect to as well, for
example one for the analog noise part, and whatever else.

It'll look messy like hell, and it won't be much fun to carry around,
but it'll make experimenting much easier.

When I started messing around with the microcontrollers in general that
approach proved to be extremely useful, despite perfboard being so
unbelievably tedious to use.

Having a modular design (in the broadest possible sense:-) where it is
straightforward to replace various components on the fly is really
helpful especially at the early stages.  And aside from that, it saves
money because you can reuse the more expensive parts.

Cheers,

    Benedikt

--
Benedikt Stockebrand,                   Stepladder IT Training+Consulting
Dipl.-Inform.                           http://www.stepladder-it.com/

          Business Grade IPv6 --- Consulting, Training, Projects

BIVBlog---Benedikt's IT Video Blog: http://www.stepladder-it.com/bivblog/