[Cryptech Tech] Alpha board strategy

Joachim Strömbergson joachim at secworks.se
Wed Feb 18 11:44:55 UTC 2015

Aloha!

I see the tool cost not just as something our project may have to bear, but a barrier to entry. If we design the alpha board with FPGAs that requires several kUSD in tools, users that don't plan to build hundreds of boards will have a harder time.

And just to make it easier for others to replicate what we do in order to build trust or try to contribute the tool becomes a problem if the cost serious dough.

Imho.