[Cryptech Tech] Alpha board strategy

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Feb 18 11:27:24 UTC 2015

a few things, not central.  i will leave the chip diuscussion for you,
joachim, fredrik, and whoever.  i am digesting dinner and my brain will
be oxygen starved until morning coffee.

  o how much is a dev license for the larger fpgas?  a second fpga costs
    O($300) and is amortized on every board.  a dev license will only be
    needed for boards where folk want to hack verilog; swag one in ten.
    i.e. we should run the numbers in this tradeoff space.

  o can you and joachim and maybe paul package up the eim arbiter as a
    contribution to the novena project so we can give back before we ask
    for more?

  o the soc/cpu code is being done by paul and rob.  they are capable of
    speaking for themselves (when they wake and dig out of the boston
    snow).  but my guess is the bigger chunk of soc dependency is the
    library environment.  unless the compiler is really weak.  my guess
    is they would be unhappy if gcc did not support the chip.

  o i doubt anybody here is in love with the full range of household
    appliances on the arm chips.

randy