[Cryptech Tech] trng

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Aug 19 20:49:15 UTC 2015

<rant>

the wiki is making me crazy.  i have to introduce folk to cryptech, and
i can not find things, sometimes because it is not even there.

rngs are well known critical weaknesses in crypto protocols and devices.
we think we have done pretty well with the trng.  but good luck finding
it on the wiki.  and i have had to introduce it to folk.  so i use the
slides from praha, mostly from joachim, tyvm.

rob had to dredge the how to build an fpga bitstream out of his secret
stash.

imiho, we need a front page bullet section on the core technologies
  o trng
  o hashes
  o public key
  o symmetric
  o ...
each of which leads to a high-protein section.

then, as became clear the other day, a bullet list of direct and simple
step by step recipies on how to
  o build fpga for novena
  o build arm for novena
  o build pkcs#11 daemon for novena
  o build fpga for alpha
  o build arm for bridge/alpha
  o build pkcs#11 daemon for bridge/alpha
  o build pkcs#11 proxy for your laptop/server
  o build applications for your laptop/server (which is a page with
    bullets for various applications)

i know heather has started down this path.  the engs have to supply the
protein.

in the next weeks, karen lamb will be spinning up on the novena.  we
should watch what speedbumps she hits and bulldoze them.

randy