[Cryptech Tech] status alpha board designers

Jacob jacob at edamaker.com
Sat Apr 25 17:08:36 UTC 2015

> Jacob, we understand, that Alpha board is going to be complex, that's
> why we want to reuse as much as possible. One of ways forward we are
> considering, is using this CPU+RAM module: http://www.imx6rex.com/
> Could you please have a look at it? The only problem with this module,
> is that it has lots of unnecessary interfaces (audio, video, ethernet,
> etc) and doesn't have EIM. I think, that it will be easy to adapt this
> module to our needs by removing unneeded signal traces and then routing
> EIM signals instead.

I glanced at the REX board and looked at its schematic. On page 17 of
the schematic PDF ("License") they say:
You are free:
to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work

Under the following conditions:
Attribution - You must give the original author credit.
Non-Commercial - You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
No Derivative Works - You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

The last 2 conditions are problematic unless you guys have a specific
arrangement with the copyright holders. Is that the case?

Jacob