[Cryptech Tech] Alpha Avalanche Noise Block

Benedikt Stockebrand bs at stepladder-it.com
Mon Apr 13 08:14:51 UTC 2015

Hi Fredrik and list,

Fredrik Thulin <fredrik at thulin.net> writes:

> Would it be possible to lower the required input voltage to +5v? That way I
> could use this same circuit with my USB based test units.

just in case you actually rely on USB delivering 5V: With the crappy to
non-existent power management of USB you want to be extra careful when
it comes to undervoltages.  On the ARRGH board I've simply made sure
that the MCU brownout detection triggers before the step-up converter
fails to deliver.

Cheers,

    Benedikt

--
Benedikt Stockebrand,                   Stepladder IT Training+Consulting
Dipl.-Inform.                           http://www.stepladder-it.com/

          Business Grade IPv6 --- Consulting, Training, Projects

BIVBlog---Benedikt's IT Video Blog: http://www.stepladder-it.com/bivblog/