[Cryptech Tech] Noise board on Novena

Benedikt Stockebrand bs at stepladder-it.com
Tue Sep 23 06:04:58 UTC 2014

Hi Joachim and list,

Joachim Strömbergson <joachim at secworks.se> writes:

> [Why SPI is a pain]
>
> That (and a few other details) is what i mean with "don't like". ;-)
>
> I'm spending a lot of time in another project with SPI. The positive
> thing with SPI is that it is commonly supported by many devices.

that's the point: I just wanted to make sure this didn't look like an
unjustified personal dislike, but like a justified one:-)

After all, Fredrik's approach using SPI isn't wrong as such, but using
SPI does have its downsides.  So does the arrgh board, which uses the
MCU's UART interface instead: The tiny2313 has more pins and is
therefore bigger than e.g. a tiny25/45/85.

Cheers,

    Benedikt

--
Benedikt Stockebrand,                   Stepladder IT Training+Consulting
Dipl.-Inform.                           http://www.stepladder-it.com/

          Business Grade IPv6 --- Consulting, Training, Projects

BIVBlog---Benedikt's IT Video Blog: http://www.stepladder-it.com/bivblog/