[Cryptech Tech] external noise for novena

Benedikt Stockebrand bs at stepladder-it.com
Thu Sep 11 07:09:42 UTC 2014

Hi Randy and list,

Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> writes:

> plans
>
>   o fredrik will try and adapt his board to plug directly to the novena
>
>   o benedikt, will you also try to do this?

you can already do so with the existing board: Feed +5V and GND into the
USB connector, or the test pins connected to it, and read the 5V output
from TP8.  If the Novena can't handle +5V input directly, feed the
output from TP8 through a voltage divider (3.3k/6.8k resistors or a 10k
potentiometer should do fine for 3.3V).

After all, one of the reasons why I've put so many test pins on the
board is to allow this sort of hook-up with minimal hassle.

I'm about to head for my current main customer, so if you can't locate
the pins on the board, let me know; I'll see if I can do some picture
stuff on this tonight, if that's any help to anyone.

Cheers,

    Benedikt

--
Benedikt Stockebrand,                   Stepladder IT Training+Consulting
Dipl.-Inform.                           http://www.stepladder-it.com/

          Business Grade IPv6 --- Consulting, Training, Projects

BIVBlog---Benedikt's IT Video Blog: http://www.stepladder-it.com/bivblog/