[Cryptech Tech] New Avalanche board for Novena?

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Fri Oct 3 11:08:51 UTC 2014

> Well, flash then. Anyways, external storage... is there a need for
> that, or is there already flash storage available for keys etc. on the
> Novena? On the DE0?

keys on an external board, what could possibly go wrong with that?

there is plenty of memory on the novena.  it is a prototyping platform.
external non-volatile store would go on a real board with the fpga, cpu,
...  and inside the potting/tamper boundary.

>> My idea was to have an 8-pin 100-mil header connected to the signal
>> that is also driving the LEDs to allow easy data out interface.
>> Possibly even nine LEDs/pins to have 8 bit data + clock signal.

i smell someone who really likes christmas.

randy