[Cryptech Tech] Hardware entropy

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Fri May 16 15:20:22 UTC 2014

On Friday, May 16, 2014 04:47:23 PM Bernd Paysan wrote:
> Hi all,
> Hi Peter Stuge (frequent LinuxTag booth neighbor),
>
> Thanks to Heise, I got informed that you are working on a open+secure
> cryptochip.  Has anybody started with the entropy source yet?  I've several
> ideas how to create entropy on an FPGA, and I'd like to try them out...

Hi

We're more or less just about to start the work on the first implementation of
an entropy source. What we're planning to do for the first implementation is a
noisy diode source, external to the FPGA.

I don't know very much about FPGAs so I can't really say anything about your
idea, but I'm sure Joachim will chime in.

Have a nice weekend everyone