[Cryptech Tech] Open JavaCard platform

Martin Paljak martin at martinpaljak.net
Sat Mar 15 19:45:23 UTC 2014

On 15/03/14 19:40 , Michael Richardson wrote:
> My only problem with JavaCard is the the Oracle part of the Java.
> If we can use kaffe to build everything, then I'm game.  If it
> involves kowtows to Oracle marketing... it's very much non-open.
Yep, indeed, that's one of a things.

In fact, Java is not the biggest part but JavaCard (by definition is
something you're supposed to license FROM Oracle).

I believe that implementing a software solution mimicking an API is
not infringing, so we can have source-level compatibility.

What exactly, how, why etc is not known for me, but conceptually
something similar is anyway an interesting direction for me.

Keeping in touch with TEE developments is also an option.

--
Martin
+372 515 6495